Sunday 14 October 2012

Autumn/Winter Wishlist #1 • indianrose


Hello there!


I decided to put together a little 'wishlist'/style inspiration image for Autumn/Winter '12.  It started off a great deal more colourful, I promise, but it somehow turned into a rather monochrome colour palette.  A few years ago, you wouldn't have seen me wearing any black at all, which I realise sounds a tad odd, but I just used to steer well clear of any black clothing/handbags/shoes.  Recently, however, I have discovered that black most definitely doesn't have to mean dull and dreary and is in fact a very classy colour if done with a sprinkle of imagination.  Anyhow, enough of me jabbering on about my love/hate relationship with black.  

These items are all things I've had my eye on for a little while, other than the Topshop jacket (£75 - www.topshop.com) that I spotted whilst putting together this post.  This dark grey wool biker jacket is a perfect Winter staple and would look good with any outfit, in my opinion.  Although it's a tad expensive (or cheap, depending on your budget...), I'd say it's worth it; it looks super cosy and it's stylish at the same time - what more could you want?! 

Next are these gorgeous black wedge boots from New Look (£24.99 - www.newlook.com) which again would look good with any outfit and adds a bit of glamour without comprising on comfort.  They would go perfectly with these wet-look vinyl leggings from Pull and Bear (£15.99 - www.pullandbear.com) and this grey marl studded jumper, also from Pull and Bear (£25.99).  To finish the outfit, I'd add this People Tree statement ring (£8 - www.asos.com) and drawstring sequined bag (£25.99 - www.pullandbear.com).

For the makeup, I think the Topshop "Beguiled" lipstick (£8), which has been around for a while and I know loads of 'beauty gurus' rave about it, is just the perfect Autumn/Winter shade and also adds a bit of colour to a monochrome outfit such as this.  

I'm also really loving nude shades of nail varnish at the moment and this one from O.P.I's 'Germany Collection' (yes, they have a German collection... strange, isn't it?) is the perfect balance of a subtle nude shade without being too dull and boring.  It's also rather humorously called 'Don't Pretzel My Buttons'.  Others include 'Deutsch You Want Me Baby?' and 'Suzi & The 7 Düsseldorfs.'  To be honest, I think they're just worth buying for the comical names.

Lastly on the beauty side of things is the Bourjois Intuitive Liner (£6.99 - www.asos.com) which is a highstreet dupe of the Clarins 3 Dot Liner and is something I've wanted to try for a while - anything to make getting ready in the morning less of a chore is definitely a good thing!

So that's all for my first proper blog post!  I apologise if it's a bit all over the place or doesn't make much sense but hopefully I'll get better with time. 

Shrena

xxx

6 comments:

  1. Great post, I love your style! I have My Very First Knockwurst from the OPI germany collection and I ADORE it, if you want another one to lust after ;) haha (i did a review on it too!) I really want to follow you but I think you need to enable google friend connect on your blog first (youtube it and there's videos showing you how) :) XO

    dottymakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Oh, I might have to get that one too & I'll definitely take a look at your review. Okay, thank you! I'll try & work out how to do it now. :) xx

      Delete
  2. i love that coat so, so much!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. make sure you've entered my giveaway to win 30 beauty products inc. essie, EOS and more! it's worldwide too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I saw it in Topshop the other day and resisted the temptation to try it on as I knew I'd have to buy it if I did! And yes I will enter your giveaway - it looks amazing :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Shrena thanks for commenting on my blog! I really like yours too :)
    Maybe we could follow each other?? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy, you're welcome & thank you for your comment too! I've just followed your blog so yes it'd be lovely if you could follow me too :) I love your outfit posts by the way! xx

      Delete